My husband and I have put off talking about our goals for a few months so we could do it on vacation where we had no distractions. It worked. It was a more pleasant experience than I thought it would be.
We set family goals:
- getting our Richmond home ready to sell in 4 years
- paying off our credit card bill by the end of 2011
- building our savings back up after medical bills drained it
- generally working toward moving to our beach home within 9 years
I also set two personal goals:
- get the house decluttered
- walk in the Susan G. Komen 3 Day for the Cure
The walk is the big one. I will be walking 60 miles in three days. At this point in time, I am just amazed that I signed up to do this way back in October. I need to get working on the training!
Not that the walk will aid in our ultimate goal of moving to the beach, but I need to diversify! And, since we will eventually be moving from a 4 bedroom with a bonus room house to a 3 bedroom beach box (with NO storage), decluttering is a necessity.
An so our journey to the beach begins…