- If it is something I really enjoy, I will stick with it and make it a habit. Yes, there have been a few days where I didn’t feel the urge to write, but for the most part, I look forward to it and love doing it.
- On the days I don’t feel the urge to write, I had better have a post or two in reserve. When I don’t, those are my worst posts and I’m sure my regular readers can tell. On those days, I sometimes think I should just blow off the challenge, but I want to say I was able to do something I love every day for a year.
- I often feel paralysed with change. I need to have a set course of action if something major changes in my life. For the past month or so, I feel like I’ve just been going through the motions and not accomplishing anything. This is something I desperately need to fix!
- There are so many wonderful people in the blogging world. I have met and become on-line friends with people I would have never met in person. These people have encouraged me, advised me, and even helped me in my job search! How great is that? They make me feel special.
- Sometimes it takes me a while to face reality. This one will come out in future posts, I’m sure.
- Reading blogs satisfies my voyeurism. Most of the blogs I read daily are a mini chapter of a life. Biographies and autobiographies are my favourite reading genre. Is it any wonder I like reading blogs?
- My favorite posts are those I write using my imagination, not the ‘about life’ blogs. I need to write more of these.
- My husband will not leave comments on my blog. He does read it daily and almost always has something to say, he just says it in person.
- I have yet to let go of the fear of pushing the “Publish” button. Does this fear ever go away?
- I am a better writer than I ever thought I would be.
I knew that writing every day would be fun, but I didn’t know it would help me to learn so much about myself.
If there is anyone in your life thinking about starting a blog, encourage them! It’s good for the soul.