Disclaimer: This is a lame post so don’t expect brilliancy!
This was a daily topic from a couple of months ago that I didn’t use at the time, so here it is.
- Sex. This is for two reasons. One reason is talk about sex doesn’t belong on my type of blog. The other is because y’all would probably think I’m some horrible pervert. I’ve been told that I write very good erotica, but it’s not something I’m going to share with you. I wouldn’t want to lose you as a reader by writing about something that may make you uncomfortable.
- My very strong political opinions. I do write about stupid politics, but I try to stay away from controversial topics (abortion, bailouts, etc.). I don’t want to lose any readers who don’t share my strong political beliefs, so I avoid writing about them. Believe me, this is a very hard thing for me to do!
- Rants about people who may read this blog. I don’t want someone I know to read a rant about themselves when I’ve never told them face to face how I feel. It would be embarrassing to both of us the next time we communicated with each other. And, I wouldn’t want that to happen to me as a reader, either.
- Specific, stupid “how things are done” where I work. Every work environment is different. If I work somewhere that I think things are being done stupidly, it’s my opinion. I don’t want future employers to come across my blog and think they shouldn’t hire me because I could write bad things about them too.
- Lies about people. Can you say slander? or defamation? With the amount of lawsuits being throw around, I don’t want to be sued by anyone. Plus, I think lying is just plain wrong.
What are the topics you are afraid to write about?