then Thursday turned into Friday in Paradise

Thursday was another perfect day in Cozumel.  We chilled after breakfast, reading on the balcony of our room.  Our friends were due to arrive at lunch time.  I have to admit I was excited to see them.  We haven’t seen two of our best friends, John & Vicki, in a year and a half!

As Scuba Man had his scuba gear, we took a taxi the half mile to their hotel.  Our friends must have landed early because they were in the lobby, already changed and ready to go to lunch, by the time we got there.  About 15 or so other people from the dive group were also there.  We headed out to lunch at a local Mexican restaurant.  As Vicki and I weren’t diving, we both ordered a beer.  Yes, the guys were a little jealous!

Lunch was so much fun.  We caught up with a few old friends and made some new ones.  There was lots of food and way too much laughter.  One of our friends from here in Richmond, David, had also flown down to dive.  I think he was flabbergasted by all of our Texas friends and the tales they told.

As everyone else spent the afternoon diving, Vicki and I spent the afternoon catching up and talking.  It was good to be able to sit and talk to her about things.  She also gave me a book about getting over a suicide.  I haven’t started reading it yet, but I will soon.  We talked about everything  that has happened since we had last seen each other.  We had a lot of laughs, too.

When the gang returned from diving, a bunch of us went out to dinner, and the laughs continued.  I can’t believe we didn’t get kicked out of the restaurant as much as we were laughing!  Our friend David was laughing so hard he almost fell out of his chair.  He’s not used to Texans at all.  We stayed long after the plates had been cleared.  And, of course, the alcohol flowed.  After dinner, we went down to the town square and walked around.  It’s a lively place at nice on a beautiful night.

Friday, Scuba Man had another dive, this time in the morning.  As John and Vicki were supposed to go fishing that day, I lounged around the resort, reading and napping.  It was such a relaxing morning.  As I was eating lunch, Scuba Man sat down opposite me.   I do worry about him when he is diving without me, so I was happy to see him safe and sound.  We had a great lunch and afternoon together.

At dinner, we had to start saying our goodbyes to the staff at the Mexican Restaurant.  They are such wonderful people.  The hostesses and wait staff took care of our every need.  After being at the Cozumel Palace for a week, they knew our names and remembered what we liked.  They only had to ask if we wanted a drink, not what the drink was.

Our stay at this wonderful resort was soon coming to an end, but we still had one full day left to enjoy it!  One more day of being totally, 100% spoiled and pampered.

This entry was posted in memories and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to then Thursday turned into Friday in Paradise

  1. barb19 says:

    I’m glad to hear you are having such a good time, and enjoying every minute Shell. You will return home feeling refreshed and renewed!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s